Home

Friday, December 9, 2011

Changing Lives

America has been blessed... I didn't realize how much until I had the opportunity to travel. My first missions trip was to Kenya,  Africa and I was amazed at the conditions the people were living in. I had always seen the commercials on TV and felt sorry for "those poor children," but to see, hold and hear the actual stories made a greater impact on my life than I even knew at the time.

I can't imagine growing up in a society where the parents do not name their child until they are about a year old, because they want to make sure it survives first. I can't imagine having so little food that I would have to choose which of my children would eat that day. I can't imagine making less than a dollar a day in a place where a soda cost $1, a bag of beans cost $3 and wheat meal $4... a place where in order to feed my family, I would have nothing left over. I can't imagine not having shoes or clean water, but this it a reality. There is so much global need.




























Food, water, shelter and clothing are things that we American's claim as the basic rights of humanity, but most people around the world do not receive. For most of my life, I have taken these things for granted. Visiting another country has made me appreciate what I do have and realize that I have so much to be thankful for. I can literally change someones life by giving up a few little things like a $5 coffee or a new pair of jeans.



















MANNA Worldwide is a Christian based organization involved in feeding, educating and providing spiritual growth to less fortunate children both here in the United States and in developing nations around the world.


Over 90% of all donations go directly to fund our projects.  We have maintained a policy of never incurring more than 10% in operating expenditures.

We encourage individuals to partner with us by traveling to our projects, sponsoring a child and becoming a financial supporter of our work.


MANNA Worldwide is dependent upon donors to fund our projects.  We are effectively changing the lives of the children who so desperately need our help. Would you consider partnering with us to help reach even more of these less fortunate children?

Thank you for taking the time to read this blog.
Kim Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment